Shades of Passion

Here's an insight into the mind of a person who's in love with Music, Art and Science.......:)

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Stop and smell the roses!

In this jet-set lifestyle of ours where electric lighting is half our life, computers are companions, eating joints an easy substitute for cooking, we've probably forgotten the simple joys of life! Something as simple as sitting in a balcony and reading a book propped on an easy chair! And I had an experience exactly of THAT kind this weekend!

In the middle of a life of e-books, I got an opportunity to go to my parents' place and some REAL leisure time! The leisure of sleeping off at 9:00 pm, of waking up at 10:00 am, of doing NOTHING at all for hours altogether, of watching as much TV as I wanted (and I don't jump at this opportunity), of lazing around and not having to account for it..........sheer bliss, I'll say!

And in one of the books I read sitting in the balcony, there was one line that really made me think! It said, "Stop and smell the roses"...........and the implication struck me full force when I cherished these simple things in life this weekend.......

When you move too fast, you miss the scenery on the way! So, slow down, step and make a child smile at you! Stop and take a look at the ant-hill milling with activity and marvel at the miracles of nature! STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES.......

Pritesh

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home